Sunday, August 30, 2009

Kicking the habit.

Well, today I have been smoke free for 4 days. That probably does not sound much to most people but believe me after smoking for 40 years it is a real struggle. I have wanted to quit for a long time just always gave up after day one. I am hoping to surprise Brent when I go see him at Christmas. He has been after me for years to quit. He and his wife, Celice, have started a heavy workout and are trying to get in shape in 12 weeks before they go to New York. I've tried to encourage him but then I sid to myself that I needed to do the same thing. I have been walking for 2 miles a day every day this summer and about a month ago started lifting weights again. Then I thought, if I really wanted to get healthy, the first thing I needed to do was quit smoking. I stopped on August 26th, my Mothers birthday. That will be an easy day for me to remember. I need to try to get to bed soon, I have not been sleeping well at all since I quit and I have a very long day in front of my tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment