Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I came home and found a surprise - not one I would want

So yesterday I came home late which is normally the case on Mondays. When I went upstairs to my bedroom and turned on the light I had a huge surprise.....part of my ceiling was missing. Right now my condo is having the roof replaced, along with fixing the soffits, insulation and multiple things. To make a long story short, as one of the guys was putting up new plywood, he put his foot through the ceiling. The company will fix it so it is not a big deal but if they don't call me back to set the date by tomorrow I will not be real happy with them.

It reminded me of a couple of years ago when Brent put his leg through the ceiling of his new house. Sorry for reminding you Celice. That is one Christmas none of us will ever forget. So when I spoke with Brent tonight I think he actually felt better that a professional can also make the mistakes.

Well, I am now day 21 smoke free - hip hip hooray. Amazing how tough it still is but I have to remember, changing a habit after 40 years will probably take awhile. I don't feel any better but hopefully I will someday. And hopefully it will help me live longer and watch my grandkids - that is assuming there will be more grow up. Sometimes I think that when I retire I'll move to Conway, that is a long ways off though. I am missing so much of Peyton's life right now. Who knows where I will be in 10 years from now though - I can only make a guess.

2 comments:

  1. Yay Becky, keep it up! My sister quit smoking last year and she had smoked for 11 years, she said at first she felt worse, but after about a month she really did feel better. I am sure it's different for everyone, but it has to help you live longer! Sorry to hear about your ceiling, that is not good. We would love for you to move back to Conway!! Hopefully you will have many more grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Becky! I'm sooo proud of you to sticking to the non-smoking plan! You're doing so good! Keep it up! And, yes, you will have more grandkids! Maybe we'll just wait till you move back to Conway - that way you don't miss anything...HAHAHAHAHA!! Just kidding!!!

    ReplyDelete